House of Quirky is looking for an enthusiastic DESIGN ASSISTANT to join our MINKPINK design team. Working closely with the designers and Creative Director, you will provide assistance and support to help create seasonal collections
House of Quirky is looking for an enthusiastic DESIGN ASSISTANT to join our MINKPINK design team.
Working closely with the designers and Creative Director, you will provide assistance and support to help create seasonal collections for this globally successful brand.
Our newly remodeled office, located near transportation in Mascot, is bright and even has a view of the water! So apply today to join our beautiful and talented team.
- Provide support and assistance to designers and creative director to create seasonal collections
- Assist designers in creating visual presentation materials for key meetings, including CAD creation in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Manage print recolors, artwork requests, send labdips and fabric sourcing packs
- Take notes during design meetings and fitting sessions and take action if necessary
- Assist designers in creating technical packages including CADs, design details and measurements if required
- Assist designers in creating and maintaining accurate line sheets for sales and maintaining ranges
- Assist in the execution of e-commerce and marketing shoots, which may include sample preparation and model dressing
- Maintain fabric and sample libraries
- Good technical knowledge of garment design and construction
- Must hold a degree or equivalent qualifications in fashion design
- Minimum 1-2 years of industry experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have excellent technical clothing drawing skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator skills, or InDesign computer skills
- Extremely well organized and efficient with excellent time management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and meet tight deadlines.
Apply via Seek only, do not use the “apply now” form below.
To be kept up to date with fashion professions in sydneysubscribe to Fashion Journal career updates here.