TMZ is looking for a Executive Director, Digital, who will play an influential and leadership role in the company’s growth into a global media company. This role will work cross-functionally within TMZ and across key
TMZ is looking for a Executive Director, Digital, who will play an influential and leadership role in the company’s growth into a global media company. This role will work cross-functionally within TMZ and across key FOX departments. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head of Revenue and Strategy, this role will regularly interact with TMZ’s leadership team and stakeholders across editorial, marketing, operations, advertising, engineering and of accounting. In addition to being responsible for the vision of TMZ’s digital product portfolio, the Executive Director, Digital will also oversee the business intelligence and analytics, reporting and business development functions of the company. Additionally, this role will be instrumental in evaluating and optimizing key digital revenue drivers and recommending new revenue opportunities.
TMZ, acquired by Fox Entertainment in 2021, shatters entertainment’s greatest stories like only it can – with precision, irreverent humor and youthful energy. TMZ connects with audiences across its broadcast and digital platforms by delivering a fresh, unvarnished and honest take on celebrities and their real lives. TMZ is the first national television show to launch as an extension of a successful website and now has multiple sites and shows including TMZ Sports and TMZ live. In addition to television and the web, TMZ is offering fans an additional way to interact with the franchise – “The TMZ Celebrity Tour”. It’s a show on wheels! The TMZ brand is the most trusted, most talked about and highest quality entertainment news channel in the world. As the company embarks on its next chapter of growth, recent successes in producing documentaries and specials will be a catalyst to expand reach, deepen engagement and expand TMZ’s portfolio of original content. As the company embarks on its next chapter of growth, recent successes in producing documentaries and specials will be a catalyst to expand reach, deepen engagement and expand TMZ’s portfolio of original content.
- Partner with the Head of Revenue and Strategy to develop new growth opportunities for TMZ’s digital products and execute various revenue initiatives.
- Optimize the current suite of products (web, apps, other) against the desired goals.
- Translate FOX’s goals and TMZ’s vision and North Star into discrete actions and deliverables through new and existing products and initiatives.
- Product Development – establishing a vision, defining measurable goals and prioritizing efforts, while driving deliverables and aligning with the engineering team and other key stakeholders.
- Ad Sales/Operations/Technology Support – collaborate with sales, operations, and technology teams to maximize revenue and deliver a best-in-class user experience.
- Reporting and Analytics – maintain reports and synthesize data, insights, metrics to gain momentum on revenue drivers, consumption, creative and marketing campaign effectiveness and overall business needs.
- Business Development – initiate and manage relationships with key suppliers, distributors and partners.
- Strategy – identify trends in media, digital products and technology and perform analysis to assess market and competitive landscapes and competition fundamentals.
- Management – setting a vision for the digital organization, leading quarterly business reviews, and developing group budgets and mid-term forecasts.
- Oversee the digital media team which includes product management, business intelligence and analytics, and content operations.